Monday, March 23, 2015

Easter Chick


 
I saw several challenges I wanted to enter this week so I made this card to fit all of them.  It could not be a square or rectangle for one of the challenges so I did a circle base and added a tent top.  NBUS challenge (Never before used stuff)-this stamp has not seen ink before. Bazzill cardstock and brads from my stash.
Below is a close up of the image:




The image is from Deep Red.  Pattern papers  K& Company, cardstock Bazzill. Copics: Y11-15-17, BV00-11, RV08, G24, YG03, B0000. Die cuts: Spellbinber and Quick Cuts. Brads from my stash.

I also did a traditional A2 card with the image.
 
 Have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by!

Challenges that inspired me this week:
NBUS Challenge #4
Glitter N Sparkle #129: Shaped cards, no rectangles or squares
Clear it Out Challenge Blog: Easter Stash: Pastel Things (brads, stickers, papers, etc)
Scrap Creations: Pastels  
Marker Pop #65: Easter


16 comments:

Lisa said...

Both cards are so gorgeous!! I love the shape of the first one!! The image is so adorable and the colors are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Glittered Paws said...

Absolutely too cute - love the first one especially - amazing coloring for this sweet little chick.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Donna, your cards are beautiful! This little chick is so adorable - I bet you are happy you finally inked it up! Love how you created the shape on the first card! Never made this style before. And I love your spring colours!

Oh, I just noticed you joined Glitter n Sparkle too - thank you, Donna! Wishing you the best of luck in our prize draw!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely chick and lovely coloring Donna and I love too the shape two cuuutee card you made..and the color so soft I love them
how are you Donna did you meet Patti last weekend...you must be a lucky lady have stamp friend near your area in Munich I did not found one.. :( (SAD)
happy monday Donna
hugs, Monika

loz said...

Gorgeous cards Donna. I love the circle shaped card design..Loz

Peanut said...

What an adorable little chikadee!
hugs, Asha

Anonymous said...

Two really adorable cards..You did a great job on both of them. Mom

Helen F. said...

Donna, both of your cards are so adorable!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Patti J said...

How sweet, Donna! Loving the pretty scallops on that first card. Your coloring is perfect, and that image is delightful! Thanks for sharing :-)

Diane said...

Love both cards, but especially the first one! Great job coloring, and that patterned paper is perfect. Cute cards for someone special at Easter!

Pia S said...

Such cute cards, Donna! Great idea to make two cards using the same supplies just changing the shape. They look great, both of them!
And please feel free to case my card if you wish:)

MaryH said...

Each is so adorable with this totally cute little chickie. I must confess #1 is my fav though, for the wonderful shaping & lacey look. Both are so cheery & just perfect cards for a Happy Easter feeling. TFS & Hugs.

Darnell said...

These are two fascinating Easter cards, Donna! I love the shape and detail on the first, but I also love the classic design and adorable pp and pretty scalloped circle and oval of the second! Your coloring is so soft and lovely!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

*Vicki* said...

Really love both of these Easter creations Donna! ;) The colors are soft and pretty and that chick is just way too stinkin' CUTE!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so adorable, I love it.