Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Let's Go Blues



Anything Goes this week at The House That Stamps Built! 


The layers on my card really are navy blue, it just does not photograph that way even with numerous attempts.  This was such a fun card to make for my youngest sons birthday.  He is a big hockey (and baseball) fan.  I used embossing paste just on the diagonal and after it dried used Distress Oxides in our local hockey teams colors.  After stamping Repeat Impressions 6104-J, Birthday Vertical I printed St. Louis Blues images from Pinterest and cut them out on  my Scan and Cut. I think he will be pleased.

Join us in our challenge!  You can use any stamps but if you use Repeat Impressions Stamps you have double chances to win.  Check out my sidebar for a discount on any Repeat Impressions order.

Check out the amazing creations of the Design Team: 

A few fun challenges:
Aud Sentiments #193: Anything Goes & A Sentiment 11/27
Creative Artists #32: Mixed Media  11/25
Jo's Scrap Shack  FFC #215 Anything Goes 11/24
We 2 Create: Challenge 2- Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes  11/30- 12/27


17 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Donna!! The texture is fabulous!! I love the colors!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Esther Asbury said...

Love the texture you created in your background panel! Such a cool card!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card,Donna.Love the background.

G,Sylvia x

Anonymous said...


Love the card and sure he will too. My card was baseball so he received both his
favorite sports. Mom

Diane said...

Cute and fun card! He will love it. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Heather said...

Very cool!! Perfectly personalized for your son; I'm sure he will love it!! And the texture on the background looks fabulous!

Tammy said...

What a fabulous card, I love the stenciled background! Happy Thanksgiving!
Tammy x

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome texture on this. I bet your son loved it. Using pinterest and your BSNC on those hockey emblems was very resourceful of you!

Glittered Paws said...

Wow - talk about thinking out of the box on this one - very original and I know Chris loved it.

Marina said...

It's a lovely sunny card with great texture and so very personalised for your son.

Heather said...

When I visited before, I forgot to check your challenge list. So, Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack this week.

Lyndas Crafty Hall said...

Great colours and texture. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog this month.
Lynda x

Mrs A. said...

I do like that background you have created with the paste. I have trouble with purple on my camera coming out blue whichever way I try to take the photo. Hugs Mrs A.

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colours Donna. I am sure you son loved it..Sorry I have been missing. i have had not internet..Loz

Cheri said...

Wow, Donna, this is such a cool card for you son! I love the background texture you created in the "Blues" colors.

Patti J said...

What a great idea! Love your card, Donna!

Monika Reeck said...

love the color Donna
great manly card
sweet layout too
hugs
Monika