Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The House That Stamps Built: Tic-Tac-Toe

No automatic alt text available.

Tic-Tac-Toe time at the House:
 
I went with the center row, Green-Dimension-and Sponging,
I thought this was a good week for a St. Patrick's theme.  I used the Repeat Impressions: 5135-D, Shamrock Sil. (sm) and 5119-I, Shamrock Sil. (lg)
I started with randomly stamping the small shamrock, dry embossing it, did a die cut with of it and green with Taylored Expressions frame in frame.  After sponging the white card stock it still needed more and I had no idea where I was going from there.  I ended up cutting the outside x3 for dimension.  Then I decided to make it into a shaker card,  and then stamped the large shamrock and cut it out on  my Scan N Cut.
Sometimes it is fun  to just start on a card and where it takes us!



We always enjoy when you join in the challenge.  You don't have to use a Repeat Impressions stamp but when you do you are entered in the drawing twice for a gift certificate for
Repeat Impressions, complete details and link up at The House That Stamps Built.


A Few Fun Challenges: 
 

19 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

For sure - and sometimes we have that "perfect" card in our mind and it simply doesn't turn out. Love your shaker card - what fun you surely had.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the shaker design!! It's beautiful, Donna!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Arlene said...

What a great shaker card. You never know where starting a card will take you. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

loz said...

Fabulous St Pat's card Donna..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

Fantastic shaker card for St Patrick's day! Awesome job with the TTT grid!

Sylvia said...

Stunning shakercard,Donna.Beautiful stamping and design.

Gr,Sylvia.

Tammy said...

WOW Donna, I love this shaker card! fabulous design and all of the stamped shamrocks are awesome, what a fun card!

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous shaker card! Love the sponging!

Heather said...

So pretty with all that green!! And a shaker card is always a good bet; they're so fun!

Mrs A. said...

Oh goodness Donna this is superb.I love how you have turned it into a shaker card. hugs Mrs A.

Diane said...

Very cute card! I love all the shamrocks. All of the dimension that you gave the card really makes it stand out. Whoever gets this shaker card will have a blast.

joy said...

What a fun- fun shaker card- perfect for St Paddy’s day!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too, good luck!!! Amy DT

Marina said...

Great card.

MaryH said...

Your journey took you into something beautiful! I think this is the 1st Shamrock shaker card I've seen, and you did a fab job. It's a clever idea, and I like the way you've got the different shades on the stamped shamrocks, also the way you've created the dimension with having the 'edge' part raised up like you did with the shaker design. It's an awesome card - GOOD JOB! TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...

What a creative and beautifully designed shaker card! I love the scalloped frame around the shaker especially! Beautiful!

Monika Reeck said...

I love all of the green on your card
so beautifully made Donna
I am not making similar card cause we dont celebrate it in Germany
but I love yours
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Try to catch up
I was learning spanish everyday and less in bloggy land Donna
hope you forgive me
hugs
Monika

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh shaker cards are so much fun! Awesome St. Patrick's card - I don't make any of these so I love to see them!