Monday, April 29, 2019

The House That Stamps Built: Presentation of the Week

 
It is my  turn for POTW at The House That Stamps Built.
I am sharing a new organization  system I  
put together in minimal time that makes my card making much
easier and quicker.   I had bits and pieces cut out for card making all over
 the place  but not many full size  cards pieces so decide a tote with
precut white card pieces would be handy.  This is what
 I came up with:
 
 
I have sections for: 
-Scraps
-3 34" by 5" card layers
-4 by 5 1/4 " card layers
-  Scored cards 
-Embossed card fronts
-Glossy 4 by 5 1/4 " for layers
-Card fronts (colored die cuts I had)-one exception to the whites
- Card bases: A2 Scored,  horizontal and vertical cut
-Card layers, horizontal and vertical cut unscored- 4 1/4 " 11" and 5 1/2" by 8 1/2"-this is my favorite.
 
I used a container I had at home,  my dividers are 5 1/2" by 6",  I made the
tabs with my envelope board, they could also be hand cut.


 

 
To give you an idea on the scrap section, I save sizes from little strips (for
greetings) to almost card front sizes:


This picture shows the entire basket:
 
   I picked 4  cards from the past year to share with you that used my favorite stamps:


6104-J, Birthday Vertical My absolute most used
stamp, I keep it on a block all the time, it is cut in half on
this card. Paired with 2411-K, Pelican's Piling, 
3412-C, Gulls in Flight, in the first card.


2008-K, Shepherd Boy -He makes a beautiful card.




4313-K, Sunflower and 8614-D, Find beauty Everyone likes
sunflowers they just brighten a day, and this saying is fabulous.

Remember you have a week to order these stamps for 20% off, see The House
That Stamps Built for details.


 

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your organization system for storing bits and pieces!! How clever!! And all of the cards are so gorgeous, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

loz said...

Fabulous idea for storing card Donna. Your four cards from the last year are beautiful..loz

Donna Ellis said...

Great idea, Donna, and fabulous way of keeping organized! Thanks, too, for sharing your marvelous THTSB cards! Each one is so pretty and uses completely different techniques! Wonderful! hugs, de

Tammy said...

What an awesome way to stay organized Donna, great idea! Nice to see your gorgeous cards again!

*Vicki* said...

That is a very clever way to store your bits and pieces Donna! You're very organized and now I think I need someone to come to my house and do my room!! LOL! Love your showcase of your favorites! I love looking back on them!! HUGS

Anne Temple said...

What a great idea for storing those odds and ends. Wonderful cards too.