Monday, May 8, 2017

Project of the Week: Triple Stamping Technique

Good morning!  Donna here for the POTW - Project of the Week for  The House That Stamps Built (Repeat Impressions Blog), doing triple stamping.


First gather your supplies:  Two inks of choice, white and colored cardstock of choice, stamp set of choice- I used some of Repeat Impressions  Flower Power Separates Series:
 
 
 Cut white cardstock to: 5 1/4 by 4", 4 1/4 by 3", 3 1/4 by 2".  Cut colored cardstock to A2 card size  4 1/4 by 5 1/2",4 1/4 by 3 1/4", 3 1/2 by 2 1/4":
 
Position as above and then remove colored cardstock and tape the white cardstock in place with double sided tape, be sure it is in the position it will be in when the card is put back together as above: 
 
 
 Stamp images, be sure to overlap some edges especially corners and get a pleasing overall look:
 
Tape white pieced to colored cardstock: 


Assemble and embellish as desired:
 
 
My inspiration for this card was:
 
Yes, it really was a Kleenex box,  this was in a multipack and every time this box was on my bathroom counter I would think what a pretty card it would make, so here it is!
 
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and my Kleenex inspired card. Have a wonderful week and I hope you find time for some stamping!

11 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Totally Awesome - and love the colors - isn't it fun to get inspiration from things we would never think of. Great tutorial. I was going to do something similar for one of our challenges so now I have all the cut sizes.

Sarn said...

LOVE this style of card. xxx

Laurie Unger said...

Great project of the week! Isn't it funny what inspires us to create cards? I would've thought the same thing with that Kleenex box. Awesome job!

Sylvia said...

Stunning card,Donna. Love the beautiful stamps and the colours.That's funny inspiration from a Kleenex box.Thanks for the tutorial.

Gr,Sylvia x

Anonymous said...


Lovely card. Love the colors. Isn't it amazing what we see if
only we open our eyes to things around us. it's a beautiful
world. Mom

Pia S said...

It's very pretty, I like how it's without one main focal point but a multitude of images, and the layers add interest to the design. I've tried this a few times, last time I cut the paper after stamping, it's a bit easier as long as you can imagine where the cuts are going to be made to get the patterns right.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Donna!! Your triple stamping is perfect!! I love the flowers and colors!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tammy said...

This is absolutely beautiful Donna! I love the gorgeous colors and that awesome technique, thanks for the tutorial! Great inspiration from a Kleenex box too. Tammy x

Mrs A. said...

This has to be the simplest explanation of making this card I have ever seen. Thankyou for the sizings. Love the stamped design you've created and how you got the ide from the tissue box. Hugs Mrs A. .

loz said...

Fabulous stamping and technique Donna..Loz

Monika Reeck said...

Oh many thanks for the photo tutorial Donna
love the color combo
i think I know which challenge I want to join with this kind of technique
Lovely made Donna