Monday, August 24, 2020

The House That Stamps Built: Pick of the Week

It's my turn for POTW (Pick of the Week) At The House That Stamps Built
and I am going to show how to create a simple sentiment strip on your card.

You will need white card stock, a strip of Washi tape, a background stamp,
a sentiment, ink of choice, a MISTI if available.


Mark off a strip about 2 " down from the top with Washi tape, first 
press the Washi tape down on your pants or shirt a couple time 
(ask me why I say this!)


Ink up your background stamp, I used Repeat Impressions
Flower Power Background, and Memento  Lulu Lavender,
Lilac Posies and Sweet Plum for an ombre look:

I used a scrap of vellum to get my placement just right.

Embellish as desired, I used clear Epoxy dots.

Wendy is offering a 20% discount on the stamps I used,
details at The House That Stamps Built.

8 comments:

Carol L said...

That's a cool technique and a very pretty card! I love the way you did the sentiment panel in the midst of those pretty flower outlines!

Donna Ellis said...

What a great way of using washi tape as a mask, Donna! I LOVE your fabulous big stamp! Beautifully done! hugs, de

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Donna and what a stunning background, love this technique!

*Vicki* said...

This is such a clever idea Donna!! I love the masked off idea and need to remember to do that! I have this beautiful BG stamp and I love those purple hues in your stamping!! TFS friend!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colours Donna..Loz

Witchcrafted Life said...

There is something so wonderfully soothing and serene about this timeless design. It really resonates with me (and my summer heat frazzled brain ๐Ÿ˜„).

Autumn Zenith ๐Ÿงก Witchcrafted Life

Marina said...

I really like how you masked for the sentiment.Lovely card.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful floral card, Donna, and great technique! I love this stamp and I am eventually going to have it! Hope you're having a good summer - I am looking forward to fall!