I finally gave in and got a Gelli plate after seeing so many beautiful backgrounds. Yesterday
I played with some inexpensive card stock, and used Distress Oxide spray inks and
made lots of backgrounds. They came out beautifully, more of a canvas look. I got a nice
smooth background and I did not have to use a brayer.
On this background I dropped a wet stencil in a couple areas,
stenciled some blue inks, did some light splatters, cut some die cuts from
the same sheet of paper, splattered some water and sprinkled
embossing powder on the splatters and heat it. I die cut a layer, added
a blue layer and found a scrap of patterned paper that pulled the
It was a lot of fun trying something new and different, you will be seeing
more cards in future posts with the backgrounds I made.
A few fun challenges: