Wednesday, January 6, 2021

The House That Stamps Built: Anything Goes

  It's a fun month at The House That Stamps Built.  Wendy is shaking it
up a bit and making the entire month an Anything Goes!  One of my January
goals is to build up my stash of masculine cards as I always struggle with this.

I have two similar cards to share with you this week:





I started with two pieces of water color paper, I sprayed them with
Distress Resist Spray.  Once they were dry I did layers of
Distress Oxide Spray -this is so fun and quick for a
background! 

On the first card I used stamps (Genealogy and Random Dots)  to add interest to my 
background and then added my layered Happy Birthday.  
 
On the second card
I used a stencil to add interest after stamping the dragon flies
and then added a Happy Birthday to the gate fold card.

Join our weekly challenge, you might just 
be the lucky winner of the monthly drawing for the
 $25 Repeat Impression's  gift certificate. you don't have to use
Repeat Impression stamps but an extra chance if you do.  
Drawing is the first Wednesday every month.
 
Use my discount code on my side bar for 10% off.

For inspiration check out what my teammates have created:
 Heather  Joy   Laurie  Patti Shirley

A few fun challenges:

17 comments:

Shirley said...

Two very nice masculine cards. I’m working on building my stash of man cards as well. Great job to start the month off.

Laurie Unger said...

Wow! two masculine cards! Awesome backgrounds. Really like both of these. Stencils are so in right now!

loz said...

Two fantastic cards Donna..Loz

Donna Ellis said...

Your colors and layers are just beautiful, Donna!

Diane said...

Fabulous masculine design cards and colors Donna.

Hugs Diane

Patti J said...

Two very nice masculine cards! Love them both!!! Thanks for inspiring me to build up my 'man stash'! Hugs...

Ellibelle said...

Both are so nicely done! Love the gate fold!

Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge! Remember you may join in with 3 different entries for more chances to win, and we hope you'll stop by again soon!
Ellibelle's Corner

Carol L said...

These colors are so perfect for masculine and/or feminine cards, and I like them both! The notched corners give a real nice look on the first and those dragonfly images look great on the 2nd. I love both backgrounds you created too! NJ!

aussie aNNie said...

Love these Donna and really suited for male or female. Those colours are gorgeous. xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Wonderful cards! I too have been thinking a lot lately about adding more "always ready", so to speak, cards to my current stash. Especially since any reason to not have to venture out to the shops these days (when you need a card, for example) is a blessing unto itself, IMO.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

brenda said...

A really super creation in lovely colours, many thanks for sharing and joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Tammy said...

Two gorgeous cards Donna, I love the backgrounds and the beautiful dragonflies!

Mrs A. said...

I dread making masculine cards. Thankfully i only to make a handful each year but I still struggle with a theme and colours. I like your two cards shown here. Hope you are keeping safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Heather said...

Two beautiful cards!! Beautiful AND perfectly masculine at the same time! Love the colors and the fabulous backgrounds you created!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh I like an entire month of Anything Goes, that's right up my alley! Will join in for sure! Your cards are gorgeous, Donna, love your stencilling and stamping! The second one is my favourite - I like the dragonflies!

Ina G said...

Lovely touches of stenciling and such soft colours. Both so very pretty. Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge this month.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is such a great card! Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT