Monday, May 20, 2024

Flower Power

 


I was the lucky draw for the prize at Snippet's Playground last time and
was anxious to play with my goodies.  A few are stamped ready to make,
the one above with image from Crafty Roo was the first completed.
The blue background was colored and stenciled in my background box,
I added some stamping to it, colored the flower with dye inks
and splattered with white and pink.  The black border and the black and
white paper, and the butterfly were also snippets. Mixed media is a challenge for
me, but I really enjoyed making this card.

A few fun challenges:
Aud Sentiments #313: Flower and a sentiment 6/1
Butterfly Challenge #196  6/5 Prize 1: Flower, Butterfly, Fuschia, 
Frosty blue, Forest green
.

9 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Carol L said...

Congrats on your win! You used your goodies in a great way to make this fantastic card. I love the colors and that image panel is wonderful with all the stenciled designs in it.

Maria said...

Lovely card using the mixed media technique! Great way to use up some snippets! Beautiful color combo, too!

Tammy Fite said...

By the looks of this card, I'd say you were doing GREAT at mixed media--it's gorgeous! Love the textures and colors! Thanks for playing along at AHS!!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on your Snippets win, Donna! You put your new goodies to good use and you created a pretty and cheery card for someone! I love all the details! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Carrie said...

What a pretty card! I love the texture on the background papers! Mixed media is a challenge for me, too, but I find it fun! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and for following me. I'm already a follower of your blog or would have returned the favor. Have a beautiful day!

Di said...

What a great card Donna - and it's lovely to see you using your Roo stamp right away! Very pretty isn't it - and you did it proud!

Hugs
Di xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow I just love it Donna! The MM background turned out very cool with the splatters! I'm so happy that you've had some fun doing it and hope you will make more! Love the pink and black colors that pop out on this one! Congrats on your winnings...so fun!

Mrs A. said...

So pretty and sparkly. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hug Mrs A.