Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Father's Day cards

 




I pulled out some old paper packs today in masculine colors to get
some Fathers Day inspiration and came up with two and a spare!  The
light house die makes two cards since you do an inlaid design, the
top one is my spare and the middle one is for my hubby.  The
lighthouse is Die Versions and the wheel is Momenta.  On my
dad's I paired a couple papers and embossed with a Tim
Holtz wood grain embossing folder, picked some coordinating papers
and come up with the third card.  Below is the snippets I used
up on all three, anxious to play with the rest of them as they
are great for masculine cards:


Have a wonderful day!

A few fun challenges:
2nd card :
Allsorts week 784  6/14 
Die Cut Divas: Favorite shape - I like all shapes of dies, light house 
is one of my favorites  7/1
Mix It Up Challenge #71: Inlaid die cut option  6/15
Word Art Wednesday weeks 651-652  6/19


3rd card:
Can You Handle the Pressure: (optional-beach)  6/20

15 comments:

Carol L said...

You did a great job on all of these great masculine makes. I love the lighthouse but that embossed wooden panel looks great in those different colors. NJ on all of these!

Gail said...

Great use of your snippets for masculine cards!
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week!

brenda said...

A great display of masculine cards, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

A lovely collection of masculine cards Donna. Thanks for entering the third card as your Snippets Playground homework. Thanks too for sharing a photo of the snippets used. Come and find me at the back of the bike sheds where I'm handing out ice creams! xxx

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a wonderful collection of masculine style cards! Love the lighthouse and the colors work great together! I bet you're so glad to have pulled out some papers to use up too!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely masculine cards using these great papers. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Di said...

What a great masculine set of cards! Love them all of course - perfect die cut of the lighthouse for 'chaps cards' too.

Hugs
Di xx

Diane said...

A beautiful and perfect variety of masculine cards!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Cindy C. said...

All very good looking cards! Thanks for linking up to our June challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Donna Ellis said...

Donna, your paper piecing and inlay are beautifully done! I always admire the dexterity in other people's fingers for putting together such small pieces. the earthy tones in your wonderful woodsy creation is my favorite! Loving the colors and textures!
Wishing you a beautiful day. Thanks for brightening mine with your fun blog post.
Happy Crafting Hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

wannabcre8tive said...

Really wonderful Father’s Day cards. I especially like the first lighthouse card. Great colors and designs.

Leanne said...

Nice cards, they all are wonderful, I like a lighthouse, never seen one up close but someday. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, have a nice day.

Leanne DT Member/CIC

Arlene said...

I love light houses and your cards are just fantastic. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month. Arlene with Die Cut Divas

Glittered Paws said...

What nice Fathers Day cards and a spare as well. I think maybe we should make a masculine card when I come up. What do you think???

Maria said...

Great job on all the masculine Father’s Day cards! Love the lighthouses! Have a great weekend!