Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Seasons Greetings



Just a few versions of my main Christmas card this year. Much cleaner and simpler than usual as I wanted to be able to work on it in my recliner while recouping from my foot surgery, doing great, back to work next Monday!  I won this Die Versions lovely seasons greetings die cut on a blog hop on Cherish Each Precious Day blog. I used a variety of shimmery papers and a few snowflakes with some bling but this die did not really need much embellishing. I've also seen this on patterned paper, and with poinsettia's below the greeting.
 The bottom card is inlaid.  You cut the die out of your card front, save the pieces but set aside the greeting to use another time.  Cut the greeting out of another color cardstock.  Cover a piece of cardstock with adhesive and place on the back of your card front.  Place the new saying on the card front and fill in the spaces with the pieces matching the color of your card front. This makes a lovely card and I want to try this with other dies besides words. !  Thanks Patti for showing me this technique. 
Take care all!
A Few Challenges:
 

16 comments:

*Vicki* said...

These are all beautiful! Love that die! :)

Kathy S said...

Hey Donna - you turned twice as nice into thrice as nice! Very lovely holiday card just perfect for Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Thanks for sharing with us today.

loz said...

Fantastic cards Donna. I LOVE the die cut.. I Hope your foot gets better soon..Hugs Loz

KT Fit Kitty said...

Clean and simple - wonderful cards, Donna! Hope your foot is healing quickly for you! Can't believe you're going back to work already!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Donna! What pretty cards you've created. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Diane said...

Pretty cards Donna. I love the way you did the inlays. I have seen that done before and wanted to try it but haven't yet. This makes me want to! Glad you are better and going back to work!

vic said...

Hi Donna your Christmas cards are wonderful very elegant and pretty :)
Vic x

Pia S said...

It always amazes me to see what a difference colors can make. These are all fantastic Christmas cards, clean and elegant!

Claire Dale said...

Very elegant! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for our latest challenge!
Claire xx
TSoT DT

Glittered Paws said...

love all the colors you used with this die - I think I like the red/green combination - I'm thinking I may have to cut a few/several of these for next year!!!

sandie said...

Your cards are stunning, that big doe works perfectly with all these bacgrounds. Great to see you at Uniko. This month you can enter with a non XMas card too as we decided to do a fun Anything Goes Challenge so hope to see you again...more entries, more chance of winning stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

Donna I didnot realized that it is your card..its so different as I see at Uniko Stamp blog...lovely DIE and perfect with all colors...woooww I wish I have a die cut machine...this is really an easy way to make mass product...lovely color combo too Donna...good luck with the challenge my sweet Donna..hugs, Monika

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Very pretty Christmas cards, Donna! Not sure which one I like the best! lol Thanks for joining us at 'Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara

Unknown said...

Beautiful CAS cards! Thank you for joining our "Make it for Christmas" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Beverley said...

A wonderful CAS trio of cards. Hope your recuperation goes smoothly. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Studio challenge. Hugs Bev x

Gillian R said...

Lovely elegant cards, love that die. Thank you so much for joining in with the Uniko Challenge this month