Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The House That Stamps Built: Inspiration Photo


 
Wendy has another beautiful photo for us this week at
 

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

 
My Cards:

 


I was inspired by the photo and colors.  I stamped the second card
on regular cardstock for placement before stamping on my watercolor
paper and decided to ink both up with Distress Oxides.  I think I like the
second one better, the inks blended better on the smooth surface. I
used various blues, pinks and lavenders.
 
Repeat Impression stamps:  Lg Pine Tree, Large Pine Forest,
 Gulls in flight, and Happy Birthday were embossed on
the card.
 
I hope you will share your creations in our weekly challenge, you might just be the
lucky winner of the monthly drawing for the $25 Repeat Impression's gift
certificate. Each entry gets a chance, two if you use a
Repeat Impressions stamp.  My followers get a 10% discount -see
my sidebar.  Drawing is the first Wednesday every month.
 
For inspiration check out what my teammates have created:
 
A few fun challenges:
Shopping Our Stash #414: The Great Outdoor (everything was in my stash)  3/1
 

21 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty winter scene you have created as your inspiration. Love your blending and shading on this card and then just the simple pine trees. Calm and serene.

Esther Asbury said...

You nailed the inspiration photo perfectly!! Such a pretty winter scene - sadly we didn't get any snow this year, just rain!

Marina said...

The ink blending is gorgeous and matches the picture perfectly.

Diane said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors and blending.

*Vicki* said...

I just love how you've mimicked the scene from the inspiration photo in your cards as well as the colors! They are blended together so beautifully! Beautifully done my friend! HUGS

Donna Ellis said...

ooooh, Donna! What a beautiful creation! I love those colors from the inspiration board! hugs, de

Tammy said...

Donna, these are gorgeous!! I love the blended backgrounds and the stamped trees are beautiful! You nailed the photo inspiration for sure!

loz said...

They are both gorgeous cards and I love the blended backgrounds Donna..loz

Laurie Unger said...

Nailed this challenge! Love how you got all your inks to blend to well on this!

Heather said...

Two beautiful cards! Love your inked skies; they are perfect for the inspiration photo!

Patti J said...

These are beautiful, Donna! Your backgrounds look so realistic - I feel like I am standing inside the scene! Thanks for the inspiration!

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Amazing card, beutiful colours.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What a gorgeous wintery scene, love the amazing twilight colors of your sky, beautifully done!!!
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
XO
Maria/DT

Mrs A. said...

Two gorgeous cards using the inspiration photo. Hugs Mrs A.

Dortesjs said...

Fantastic card, love it

KT Fit Kitty said...

I am way behind in my blog visiting! Look at these gorgeous cards! You nailed the inspiration photo, so beautiful! Love your inky backgrounds and colour combo!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Love the colour combo you chose.. Thanks for playing with us this month at A Place To Start Challenge. AJ DT APTSC

Brigitte said...

I love how you did the gradient with your oxyde inks!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge, we hope to see you again next time. Hugs, Brigitte

Chana Malkah said...

Your blending technique is top-notch! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome project in our challenge at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is so pretty. Great job on the background.

wannabcre8tive said...

This is beautiful, Donna. I love the the soft colors and they are so perfect for a winter day. Great job with the sponging of the inks, they look is smooth.