Sunday, January 3, 2021

Gelli Plate Fun

I finally gave in and got a Gelli plate after seeing so many beautiful backgrounds. Yesterday 
I played with some inexpensive card stock, and used Distress Oxide spray inks and
made lots of backgrounds.  They came out beautifully, more of a canvas look.  I got a nice 
smooth  background and I did not have to use a brayer.  
 
On this background I dropped a wet stencil in a couple  areas, 
stenciled some blue inks, did some light splatters, cut some die cuts from 
the same sheet of paper, splattered some water and sprinkled
 embossing powder on the splatters and heat it. I die cut a layer, added
a blue layer and found a scrap of patterned paper that pulled the 
colors together.

It was a lot of fun trying something new and different, you will be seeing
more cards in future posts with the backgrounds I made.

A few fun challenges:

13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

That does look good. I have seen Barbara Gray (Clarity) demo using the gelli plate. Not something I gotten into but it did seem a lot less messy than i had thought it would be. I love the colour you have produced here. Hugs Mrs A. Safe safe and well.

loz said...

Beautiful card and BG Donna..Loz

Tammy said...

Beautiful background and card Donna, love the colors!

*Vicki* said...

Hello friend and Happy New Year!! Your first play with the gelli plate looks amazing! Such pretty colors and patterns! I actually bought a gelli plate at that convention a few years back and haven't played with it as much as I wanted, so thank you for the inspiration! HUGS

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card and gorgeous use of the gel plate. x
Thanks for your vote. xoxo

Carol L said...

This turned out so pretty and I too have been thinking of getting a gelli plate for creating background! This one looks like a billowy blue sky behind the ferns and it looks so peaceful! I love the deckled edges too!

Diane said...

Greetings Donna, wow such a pretty design, I have never used a Gelli plate but wow it makes a fun design.

Hugs Diane

Shirley said...

What fun to play with new toys. You did a great job on this background. I have yet made anything with my gel press .

Cindy C. said...

Jelly plate very fun to play it, isn't it? And your print turned out so pretty. Thanks for linking up to our January challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. I haven't play with my gelli plate for a long time. I like your fun card and so glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a peaceful, deeply lovely greeting.

Happiest start of January wishes, my friend!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Arlene said...

It's always fun to try something new and have it work out so well. Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Frame It" challenge this month.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I've been thinking about a gelli plate and I'm planning to get one this year. I've watched some videos and it looks like fun! Your card is gorgeous! The added die-cuts are perfect! It hasn't been a very good year so far in the U.S. but I hope things start looking brighter soon! Happy 2021 to you, my friend!