Monday, October 24, 2022

Fluttering by

 This is my 2nd post today.



I had time today to just sit and play.  I knew I wanted to test out my new
Tim Holtz Distress pencils so went into that huge contained of
already stamped images and found one with a butterfly and played.
I found I liked the method of taking the water brush to the
pencil the best.  I did not use watercolor paper which is
supposed to be the best and look forward to trying that. I then
went to Sketch Saturday and pulled out one of my snippet boxes. I added
a bit of stenciling to tie it together for some of my favorite challenges
that I have neglected lately.  

A few fun challenges:
Butterfly Challenge # 174: #1 Butterfly & 4 colors: Cyan, Chartreuse, Canary, Chili red 10/25
.
Snippets Playground #439 : all snippets except card base 10/29

14 comments:

Patti J said...

Love it! I don’t have the pencils yet (yet!), but love what I’m seeing so far! Your card is beautiful! Lol…we all have one of those containers of images! Hugs…!

KT Fit Kitty said...

So pretty, Donna! I haven't tried these pencils but they look beautiful with your colouring! Gorgeous sketch you used too! I really wanted to enter the Butterfly challenge but I don't think I'm going to have time. That cube card really intimidated me!

R's Rue said...

So pretty

Sarn said...

Wow Donna - that's a VERY pretty card made from your snippets and using your new pencils.

Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Once you've finished playing on the swings, please come and find me for a good old natter over a mug of hot chocolate. xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. I love the rose image. You did a great job with the sketch.

Mrs A. said...

Pretty card a lovely colouring. I much prefer using water colour pencils. Thankyou for coming and paying in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and gorgeous card, love these colours together. I got the set of 3 tins of the TH water pencils and love them

loz said...

Beautiful card and colouring Donna...Loz

Dena J said...

So pretty, Donna! I love what you've done with the watercolor pencils. They are on my wish list. Stenciling is just a brilliant way to tie it all together. Happy to see you at Sketch Saturday.

Di said...

Oh this is so pretty Donna - please don't tell me I need to buy the TH pencils now! Sitting on my hands here, you certainly got a lovely result!

Hugs

Di xx

Laurie Unger said...

Great sketch and the colors you used here are pretty. I ended up using some shavings from my wc pencils and putting them into a palette - they work really well from there using a water brush.

R's Rue said...

Happy Monday my friend.

Glittered Paws said...

This is beautiful - so many techniques - and the coloring is beautiful. I think several people will be ordering the TH pencils now.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, your card is just stunning Donna! I love your coloring of that image with the pencils! Lovely design with it!