Saturday, April 8, 2023

Fluttering By

 


  I had a lot of fun making this card.  I started with the colors I wanted-Honey 
Bee-Team Tie Dye,looked through my snippets and picked a frame.  The butterfly is by
Gina Marie Designs, also from a snippet.   After splattering the background 
and butterflywith gold, I decided to swipe the butterfly with the gold paint 
I was using.  I like the effect of this, bits of white show through but it
is mainly gold. I will emboss a gold sentiment when I am ready to 
send it.

A few fun challenges:
Butterfly Challenge #180 1- At least 2 colors and butterfly 4/22
Craft Rocket Challenge #102 -Layer it up  4/28
Cut It Up #275 - starts with a B (butterfly) 4/20
Try it on Tuesday -Hello Spring 4/19
Triple B- Butterfly  April challenge 4/1
Snippets Playground #451 -Snippets-butterfly, frame (in my snippet box) 4/15



15 comments:

Sarn said...

Lovely butterfly card with superb background and frame.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. I’m exhausted from chasing round the playground trying to tag people, so I’m having a rest & a hot chocolate up in the treehouse! Happy Easter xxx

Carol L said...

This is a real stunner with that pretty background and beautiful butterfly! Happy Easter!

Pia S said...

This is SO pretty, Donna. I love how the background turned out, the splattering has a really great effect. And the shine of that golden butterfly is beautiful. Also, thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.

loz said...

Gorgeous card and the BG is stunning Donna..Loz

MELODY JACOB said...

Happy Easter to you. Easter went by so fast. That is a lovely Butterfly.
https://www.melodyjacob.com/

Di said...

Such a lovely card Donna - great idea to add the splattering to the background from Team Tie Dye - it makes it truly your own!

Hugs
Di xx

Maria said...

Oh, what a gorgeous gold butterfly against the beautiful background! I'm your newest follower! Have a great day!

Patti J said...

Very pretty! Your background is perfect for that lovely butterfly! Thanks for sharing!

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Donna, a lovely background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful background - and love the gold splatter. The gold butterfly is "perfect". Like seeing you use your snippets.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, I'm in love with that background Donna! The gold splatters along with the gold on the butterfly make it pop! Beautiful!

Mrs A. said...

Love your super background that you have created for the golden butterfly. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a fantastic card love the colours so zesty and the gold is the perfect touch.

Marie

Laurie Unger said...

Beautiful - love all the sparkling gold and it really turned out fabulous on the butterfly.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card, the gold butterfly looks stunning.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x