Monday, May 1, 2023

JDS-Butterfly Frame

 

 Time for two new releases and a new challenge at: Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge:

 


I printed out the butterflies from the new set: Butterfly Frames on
watercolor paper, as soon as they came off the printer I
embossed them with Transcendence clear embossing powder.
I cut the butterflies out and then sprinkled them with
red and orange Brusho's.  My background is a blend of Distress
Oxides: seedless preserves, worn lipstick and mustard seed.  
The leaf die is SSS Fiddly Leaf.  I had cut out lots of it
from snippets of card stock and vellum on a low mojo day. 
 The grass die was also already cut and is from Amuse.  

I was quite pleased with this set and my card, if you
follow my blog you know I have a fondness for
butterflies.

See what my teammates created and join the challenge at
 
A few fun challenges:
Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #161 1-2 colors-salmon & sea green, butterfly





 

18 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow, your background is blended so beautifully Donna! The butterflies turned out stunning with the Brushos! Very pretty and so Spring!!

R's Rue said...

Lovely.

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty and love the Brusho butterflies. I still have mine (I know who got them for me). You have inspired me to get them out and use them. Happy Spring.

Carol L said...

The blended background is beautiful to showcase all these butterflies and the white stems! Such a pretty card!

Darnell said...

So much to love with this pretty card, Donna, from your stunning blended background to the sweet butterflies to the wispy leaves and grass! I especially love how you shadowed the leaves with a layer of vellum ones. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lia said...

This is beautiful!! You blended the colours so well and it makes a wonderful background.
Lia DT TSOC

Donna Ellis said...

I can feel the sunset bidding your monarchs and friends good-night in this lovely scene, Donna! The layers of foliage are gently swaying in the evening breeze. This could easily be my front yard and pasture! So whimsical and happy! hugs, de

Mrs A. said...

Those butterflies are so pretty flitting across your card and the colours are perfect with each other. My printer dries fast so I can never emboss Digi images in this way but you have given me an idea on how to achieve it. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

loz said...

Gorgeous card and scene Donna..Loz

Maria said...

Beautiful blended colors! Love the pretty butterflies, too! Great card!!

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Donna! Jan’s butterflies ar beautiful, and your background is perfect for them! Thanks for sharing!

Sarn said...

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with this great butterfly card and the lovely die cut leaves. Now come up to the Treehouse to enjoy some Coronation Chicken sandwiches and a cocktail or two x

Marina said...

I love the mix of white and vellum - what a pretty card.

Di said...

What a delightful card Donna! Wonderful colours and such a pretty scene.

Hugs
Di xx

Laurie Unger said...

Lovely card, Donna. Love the orange and red brusho's - created a really vivid background.

wannabcre8tive said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the beautiful sky and pretty butterflies.

Glittered Paws said...

How did I get so far behind??? Love the beautiful butterflies - Brusho -hmmm I have some of those. Love the blended background.

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a beautiful card your colouring is fabulous this really stood out to me in the gallery.

Marie