Saturday, August 1, 2026

Colors of Summer

 Sarah has picked the fun theme of Colours of Summer for Allsorts Challenge.

 My card:


I started with blending cheery summer colors of Distress Oxide on my
background: squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry and cracked
pistachio.  I then stenciled on top of this with a stencil in the same
colors.  I stamped a sentiment stamp randomly in gray on the background.
My focal image is a Poppy Metal flower die which I dipped in
Oxide inks until I got the color I wanted.  I layered the flower on a 
vellum die cut so t would stand our from the background.  Birthday wishes
is by StampIn Up.
 
I hope you will join in with this fun theme, be inspired by my
team mates and join at Allsorts Challenge for a chance to
win: 


                                                 

 

Supplies:
Catherine Pooler Loop Braid stencil
Hero Arts old writing stamp (retired) 
Poppy Metal Flower Die 
Quick Cutz Nesting Lace Oval die
Distress Oxides
 
A few favorite challenges: 
Can You Handle the Pressure: ATG (option celebration) 8/6
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: ATG (spellbinders  option) 8/4 
 

12 comments:

Sarn said...

Mmmm, your Distress Oxide colours all sound delicious! Love the colourful background stencilling and your pretty flower on top. xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

Gorgeous, I love the soft pastel colors.

Ellibelle said...

This is really beautiful, such a great design and love the use of vellum!

Gail L said...

The vellum piece is very effective.

brenda said...

Beautiful, just yells our summer.

B x

Craftyfield said...

Great idea to use the tone on tone stencilling to keep colours subtle. A lovely card, Donna. x

Linby said...

It's so beautifully done, love the vellum die cut which allows the stencilling to still shine through.

Lynne said...

Such a pretty card Donna and love how you've used the vellum so they don't get hidden.

Aquarius said...

A pretty and beautifully blended background to highlight the floral element

Sarah said...

LOVE this gorgeous summery card!

Liz said...

Wonderful card Donna, I love the background.
Liz xx

Donna Walls said...

The colors are so cheerful! Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we look forward to more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge