Monday, November 1, 2021

The House That Stamps Built: Pick of the Week

This is my second post today, please scroll up to see my Jan' Digi Designs post. 
 
My turn to share my choice of Pick of the Week at The House and I am continuing 
with my stenciling series.
 
 
First choose a stencil and stencil as you normally would:


Next shift it down and slightly to the right:
 

Stencil with a slightly lighter color.

Complete card as desired.  I did add a shimmer spray before removing 
my stencil and stamping and embossing right on the card with 
Repeat Impressions:Happy moments.
 

If you look close you will notice the shifting of the stencil and 
using a lighter color adds dimension to your image

A few fun challenges:


13 comments:

Carol L said...

What a pretty stencil that is and a great technique to use it! Love the resulting card!

Mrs A. said...

Big and bold is beautiful and I love your colour chosen. I have been buying stencils, so now iI just need to start using them.!! Hugs Mrs A.

Vivi Casale said...

I love you card, so pretty!!!
xx
Vivi

*Vicki* said...

This is such a beautiful card Donna! I've never thought to add texture this way using a stencil! I love it and thanks for the idea including with the shimmer spray!!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Donna, I love the stenciled you used, awesome technique!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and stencilling Donna..Loz

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very cool stencilling technique! I keep forgetting to use my stencils. Gorgeous card, Donna!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely technique and the stencil is really pretty.

Pia S said...

Such an imressive design! One that will look amazing in any color, an easy way to get a totally different look using the same supplies. I love how this turned out.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stenciled flower and love your moving the stencil off set a bit and then adding a lighter color of ink, Donna. Wonderful technique for added dimension. So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. Hugs...Nancy

The Papercrafting Pixie said...

This is such a lovely effect, you have created a really beautiful card and your choice of colour is stunning.

Diane said...

Great card, and great job teaching the technique! I love the effect it gives. Very pretty.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a vibrant, fantastic design. It instantly calls to mind lush tropical gardens.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life