Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The House That Stamps Built: Use a border on your project

 Happy Wednesday!  This week  The House That Stamps Built is looking 
for cards with a border. 

My card:

 I am in the mode of starting of building up my Christmas card stash so I 
wanted to go with Christmas. I used a die cut as my border.  The center
is blended with Distress Oxide faded jeans, has white splatters and
dots form a gel pen for snow.  I added some die cut and punched
snowflakes and die cut trees and a Noel stamp.   

How are your Christmas cards coming or have you started? I am moving
 along on mine.

Join the fun and you might be the lucky winner of the monthly drawing
 for the  $25 Repeat Impression's  gift certificate. You don't have
 to use Repeat Impression stamps but an extra chance if you do.  
Drawing is the first Wednesday every month.
 
Use my discount code on my side bar for 10% off.

For inspiration check out what my teammates have created:
 
A few fun challenges:
 
 

 

19 comments:

Carol L said...

Beautifully crafted with those snowflakes and colorful trees! I should get into high gear with my Christmas cards soon too! Time's running away!

wannabcre8tive said...

This card is beautiful. I love the navy and white, a very pretty combination. That Noel stamp is perfect with it, too.

R's Rue said...

It’s beautiful. I’d love to receive it. Have a wonderful day.

Laurie Unger said...

Love all those snowflakes! Your ink blending in the center is spot on. Awesome card.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card, I love the cut out circle and the pretty blended background, beautiful snowflakes too!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Donna! Love your snowflakes! Sure sorry I missed seeing you today. Sounds like it was a fun day!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and great combination of goodies and colours. xx

brenda said...

A really elegant Christmas card, but we are a stamping challenge at Stamping Sensations, you only refer to die cuts.

B x

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is gorgeous, Donna! Such a pretty, snowy night-time scene! Like you, I'm in full Christmas cardmaking mode! I normally make them all year long but did not do that this year, so it's go time for me!

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - when I saw your card - I'm thinking where is the border - well duh - wasn't hard to figure out. The ink blending is beautiful with the white snowflakes and the Noel works perfect. Great card for this challenge. Thank you for coming yesterday - I think everyone enjoyed the great friendship, lunch, snacks, and the time to create. Hate we were missing one but she sounds a bit better today.

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card Donna! Love the way you've made your snow circle background and the die cut snowflakes are so peaceful looking! I've started my Christmas making, but it's going slowly! LOL!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and my favourite colours for christmas Donna..Loz

foleysfriend said...

Very pretty Christmas card. I love the little scene you've created and I love the snow and snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.

Pia S said...

What a beautiful design! Love how you placed the die cut snowflakes and the winter night scene placed center stage.

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Donna! I love your interpretation of the border. I always think of a straight line! Whoever gets it will love it.

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Sarn said...

LOVE this striking Christmas Card Donna.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! I love the "scene" you created!

Helen said...

What a beautiful elegant card you've created Donna! The simple colour pallet really adds to the impact of your die cut elements! Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Watercolour this November. Stay safe! :)